New Guide to 'official' CS Rat Names [Posting now open]

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: New Guide to 'official' CS Rat Names [Posting now open]

Postby Lya » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:23 am

Sorry for not posting the whole last month oo'
Did you notice Minimanta's guide in the wiki is finally on? :D

But on to the important things.

The following names are now set as confirmed due to the lack of objections throughout the last month:

Abstract Litter
ImageImage
Blue Abstract Rat _________________ Yellow Abstract Rat
ImageImage
Pink Abstract Rat _________________ Green Abstract Rat

Dirt Litter
ImageImage
Grey Dirt Rat _______________ Brown Dirt Rat

Water Litter
ImageImageImage
Light Blue Water Rat _______________ Grey-Blue Water Rat ___________ Bright Blue Water Rat

Skink Litter
ImageImageImage
Five-lined Skink Rat _____________ Yellow-striped Skink Rat _____________ Gila Monster Rat

Names still under question:

May Litter
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Name suggestions: None so far

I didn't follow the discussion thread last month but I will look up if there is a commonly used name for those rats.
Lya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 am

Yep, someone pointed my mistake out (forgot to give it a category, derp! XD ), so now it's finally up =3

And I updated it a few days ago, so all of the rats up untill April 2012 should have names^^ (Used the names I found in here)
I'm just waiting for it to be approved, so the updates can be viewed by the public =3

But the May rats still don't have names, I'm not sure they where ever called anything.
We could maybe name them after the artist, SoulWing rats? =3
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lya » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:32 am

Minimanta wrote:But the May rats still don't have names, I'm not sure they where ever called anything.
We could maybe name them after the artist, SoulWing rats? =3

Yeah, calling it after the artist is probably the best. And if he/she does a second rat litter, we add what he/she calls the design: "Brass Handles".

For the individual ones I found 'Gold Rat' and I thought naming this one: Image Bright-eyed
and this one: Image Blue-eyed

Not sure about the other two.

Edit [15.06]:
I just marked all the rats that are currently on the Rare List for easier notice of the most valuable rats. <3
I know that's not about names, but I thought it would be helpfull for newer players interested in rats. :P
Lya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lya » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:15 pm

-Post mainly for bumping-

So, anyone know what the markings on this month's rats are supposed to be? I have a feeling it's some kind of fruit or nut or something like that, but I just don't know what it's called.

Unnamed June Litter
ImageImage

Name suggestions: None so far [white & black]

Also, we still need individual names for two of the May rats. These two to be exact:

ImageImage
Lya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:00 am

Their tails, maybe? Unless other rats have similar tails ^^; (can't check, have to go right about now)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lya » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:03 am

nickjr wrote:Their tails, maybe? Unless other rats have similar tails ^^; (can't check, have to go right about now)

I guess you mean the May rats? ^^
Good suggestion, at least for the black tailed. The other one has a stiped tail, but the 'bright-eyed' has a striped tail, too.
Lya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:46 am

Ah, yeah, I meant the May rats xD Was kind in a rush, so ^^;

Mm... The still unnamed rat is the only one with yellow on the inside f it's ear... LOL It's also the only one with mostly red feet?

in my iPad, btw--blame any odd errors to autocorrect or my really fast fingers xD
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lya » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:28 am

Yeah, you're right. I also just noticed it's the only one with a completely black neck/collar. (I'm not sure about the right word, but I hope you know what I mean >->).

So either red-footed or black-collared would be good names... which one's more obvious? (Didn't notice both till now, so I can't really speak about it xD)
Lya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:43 am

xD

Mm, I'm kinda iffy on the red-footed name--it's not very noticeable due to the gold swirls. So black-necked, maybe? 'cept for the fact that ya can't really tell where a rat's neck is... //sweatdrop

askjfsfsj why doesn't that rat have any distinguishing features ;-; maybe Non-distinguishable rat? LOL kidding, kidding XD

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Dodgeful Actor » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:55 am

I don't know about you but my instant name for the May rats was the 'Gryffindor rats'. XD
As for the variation specific names...

Shadowed / Crystal Eyed
Wineglass?
Boss (because it's like the boss on a Celtic shield) / Blue Eyed / Feather-circle
Golden / Black-Eyed
Swirl / Light-lined
Please, call me Accalia. <3
Any pronouns are acceptable. I'm most used to she/her or ae/aer.

my tumblr | watch this space
I am a lazy person and I will match whatever you write. If you post eight hundred words I'll happily do the same, but if you post one-liners don't expect too much of me :P
I love judo, Less Wrong, Star Trek and fluffy things.
The Dodgeful Actor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me