How do you feel about no april fools event?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

How do you feel about no april fools event?

Postby Stardust Guardian » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:24 pm

Hello, im writing this because im curious how other users feel about a lack of april fools event this year. The april fools events on chicken smoothie are usually great, and though they may have dwindled in recent years, at least they kept trying. I loved seeing what would happen each year, wondering which pets would get changed, or if the website would be changed for the day, it was always exciting.

Today, i checked the website, and saw the flimsy excuse of "due to the ongoing event"... They've done april fools during events in the past before, so i don't know why it would suddenly be an issue this year, it just felt kind of disingenuous and lazy to say. and i hope there's more solid reasoning that they simply just can't discuss with us.

Was anyone else disappointed or upset by this? or on the inverse, were you "relieved" that there was nothing happening today? I'd like to get a broader idea on what the general user-base feels about a lack of a staple event on the site, so feel free to leave your thoughts, i'd like to hear them
I don't like this website and i don't know why im still here
Stardust Guardian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How do you feel about no april fools event?

Postby LA's DarkFireWolf » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:26 pm

Yeah I was disappointed. I was curious to see what the pets would be like. Or some kind of funny items. I thought maybe it was just me.
LA's DarkFireWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥kittyfaith2210♥ » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:29 pm

I was really looking forward to it. Usually we get pretty cool April Fool's themed pets/items that have to do with what happened sitewide and while I don't mind what we were given, they don't really seem to be the same as things given in years past (such as those eggs from april fool's a few years back, etc) and don't seem very april fool'sy?
Birthday - Jan. 29th
♥kittyfaith2210♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonmaster11 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:33 pm

i was sad, sure, but i definitely wouldn't call staff "lazy" for not doing it. that's kind of rude and ungrateful imo; it's a free game that the staff already put an immense amount of work and dedication into every month for us, not to mention the events. since we're still in the end of the easter event i can see why they feel it could be too much to do, and i respect their choice. also as much as people love it, other people have complained about it literally every year so that could be a factor to consider as well (though why they would complain perplexes me, some people just don't like fun ig)
BLACK LIVES MATTER.

lukey • he/they • furry • adult • no fixed abode traveller (UK) • funghi forager and enthusiast

—> 💜my trading thread!!💜 <—

ImageImageImage

pic in avatar drawn by defresh!
dragonmaster11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LA's DarkFireWolf » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:37 pm

I wished I knew what the pets were supposed to be April foolsy about. The one with the many wings I can see being one. But the two PPS I'm confused on.
LA's DarkFireWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonmaster11 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:39 pm

LA's DarkFireWolf wrote:I wished I knew what the pets were supposed to be April foolsy about. The one with the many wings I can see being one. But the two PPS I'm confused on.

there's a great explanation here on the April discussion thread <3
BLACK LIVES MATTER.

lukey • he/they • furry • adult • no fixed abode traveller (UK) • funghi forager and enthusiast

ImageImageImage

dragonmaster11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LA's DarkFireWolf » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:42 pm

Ok thank you Lukey! I guess my fave April Fools was the one with the derby dog with his head turned side ways. I love ultra silly since this seems to be one of the few days they will do such things. Really hoping somehow they prank us later would be like: woah! :lol:
LA's DarkFireWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonmaster11 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:44 pm

LA's DarkFireWolf wrote:Ok thank you Lukey! I guess my fave April Fools was the one with the derby dog with his head turned side ways. I love ultra silly since this seems to be one of the few days they will do such things. Really hoping somehow they prank us later would be like: woah! :lol:

no worries! i couldn't figure it out either until someone posted that, then i was like oh yeah it's mashups again :D i loved the derpy dog year! and the upside down year too, that was great! and i'm lowkey hoping so too :lol: though i won't be too disappointed if we don't get one, i suppose our prank this year is there is no prank XD
BLACK LIVES MATTER.

ImageImageImage

dragonmaster11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stardust Guardian » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:46 pm

dragonmaster11 wrote:i was sad, sure, but i definitely wouldn't call staff "lazy" for not doing it.

maybe not "lazy" persay, but the reason given is definitely disingenuous. As i said, we've had april fools events during events happen once, if not a couple times in past years, so it wasn't an issue back then, if there was a reason beyond this, sure, but right now that's the only information we have
I don't like this website and i don't know why im still here
Stardust Guardian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:48 pm

I'm incredibly disappointed, April fools shenanigans on CS are always fun and silly. To not have one feels like we're breaking a long standing tradition (because let's face it, it's a tradition by now.) I was looking forward to seeing what silly goings on we'd experience this year. To find it's just going to be just another Monday is terrible. "Due to current events" is a terrible explanation and feels more like an excuse than anything
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me