Vocaloid/Vocal Synth Fan Club V6 - ReBirth

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Vocaloid/Vocal Synth Fan Club V6 - ReBirth

Postby bisylizzie » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:53 am

♬♩♪Vocaloid/Vocal Synth/Virtual Singer Fan Club♬♩♪

Welcome to the Vocaloid and other Vocal Synth/Virtual Singer Fan Club~ All sorts of Virtual Singer/Voice Synthesizer discussion is welcome here~ (Not to be confused with one popular use of "Virtual Singer" as in where there is a human behind the voice/character, though the line is increasingly getting blurred with some getting VBs in various engines)

So, what is Vocaloid?
Vocaloid is a voice synthesizer program made by Yamaha, which is primarily used to create vocals for songs. There are multiple voices made by different companies, which includes languages like Japanese, English, Spanish, Korean and Chinese, though banks can be manipulated to sing in other languages as well. Vocaloid became popular with the release of Hatsune Miku, made by Crypton.
Of course, While Vocaloid is the most well-known of the voice synthesizers, it's not the only software out there, there's many others, for example UTAU, SynthV, CevIO, Piapro NT and many many more.

Rules
Try to keep discussion related to Vocal Synths
Please stay civil in discussions
No discussion of Pocaloid/other pirated software

Form
Form not required, just might be a neat way to share some info/start some discussions
Code: Select all
[b]Favorite Vocal Synth:[/b]
[b]Favorite producer:[/b]
[b]How long have you been into VS?:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b] (Optional)

(Hopefully it's cool that I've taken this over, and more outright expanded the topic scope, considering the previous owner Xanga made a post in 2020 re. looking for a new owner for the club, I did send a message at the time, but had no response and seems like they've not logged in since. (Forum/viewtopic.php?p=129580016#p129580016))
Last edited by bisylizzie on Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Vocaloid/Virtual Singer Fan Club V6 - ReBirth

Postby bisylizzie » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:53 am

(will do best to keep this updated with recent/upcoming releases/news)

VOCALOID
13th October - VOCALOID 6 just dropped!
V6 engine comes with 4 new AI VBs, and AI GUMI also released alongside
YAMAHA has 16 VBs in dev
YAMAHA testing β-STUDIO

Piapro NT
Currently Miku still only Piapro Character to have released VB in engine, others still in development

SynthV
So many VBs, so many updates
Cantonese support in development
AUDIOLOGIE has a couple more in dev
KAFU is getting a SynthV bank! Maybe other KAMITSUBAKIs later?
Dreamtonics has a handful of VBs in dev
Eleanor Forte Standard VB still in development
ROSA VBs planned/in development

CeVIO
Latest VB release REML, based on character from Bandai Namco's DEN-ON-BU

Games
Fourth Crypton game released! The Planet Of Wonder And Fragments Of Wishes, essentially a mini-game collection with some story, announced for Steam
Groove Coaster Wai Wai Party now has its 8th VOCALOID pack
Project Diva finally comes to PC! Mega Mix+ available now via Steam
Hatsune Miku Project SEKAI: Colorful Stage released worldwide
Taiko no Tatsujin Rhythm Festival released, with a bunch of VOCALOID in the base game, and a load more in the Music Pass sub
Taiko no Tatsujin Rhythm Connect in beta, another mobile game with a bunch of VOCALOID available
Last edited by bisylizzie on Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:33 am, edited 6 times in total.
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiyokichan » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:00 pm

Oh hey, you remade it! I woke up and curious if you had gone ahead and done that. Neat. Hopefully someone else stumbles on the thread.

Favorite Virtual Singer: Mikoto/Hime, Rin/Len, Yukari, Flower, Miku, and Kafu in no particular order, hard to choose
Favorite producer: Oh god, uhh... I'll just list some that come to mind because picking favorites is hard. Wowaka (RIP), nekobolo, Iyowa, Samfree, mawari, DIVELA, sasakure uk, Kanzaki Iori, just to name a handful!
How long have you been into VS?: 11 years and counting. Got into it because of stumbling on the song Promise on youtube back in 2011. I never looked back after that.
Other: I've been to two Vocaloid concerts and was supposed to go to a third but then the pandemic happened. MikuExpo 2014 was my favorite of the two I went to!

Out of curiosity, is there any reason for the term "virtual singer" instead of "vocalsynth"? Mostly because I associate "virtual singers" with virtual youtubers who are more musicians than youtubers, think Kamitsubaki Studio (their talents like Kaf and Isekaijoucho, not their CeVIOs, lol). Maybe I'm just out of the loop though.

Also, what are your feelings on Flower's new design for CeVIO? I can't bring myself to like it. It feels strange seeing their design handled by someone other than miwasiba whch is probably why I'm having such a difficult time. I'd probably like it in a vacuum but it really just does not look like Flower to me. Hopefully their voice transfers well though, I'd like to see more Kafu and Flower duets and that would make it a whole lot easier for the producer, only having to use one software xD

I'll kick off song recommendations too. Here's a really new one, Sanagara Mister by jon-YAKITORY:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKv4NYCP2uE
Rin - She/Her - Adult
I'm returning to the site after 8-9 years of not using it, please be patient with me!
I'm pretty talkative + my sleep schedule practically doesn't exist. I might respond to posts within minutes at some hours and then disappear off the face of the planet to sleep at random intervals.

"doɴ'т ғorɢeт. αlwαyѕ, ѕoмewнere, ѕoмeoɴe ιѕ ғιɢнтιɴɢ ғor yoυ. αѕ loɴɢ αѕ yoυ reмeмвer нer, yoυ αre ɴoт αloɴe."
Kiyokichan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:03 pm

Yup, I did~

Favorite Virtual Singer: IA is my overall favourite~
Favorite producer: Utata-P for me~
How long have you been into VS?: Since about 2011/2012-ish. Saw discussion of Vocaloid on a forum I was on, found a demo of one of the PSP DIVAs and that caught my interest, then stumbled across IA early on in her release cycle and been hooked ever since
Other: Not been to a concert myself, but would like to, some day. Have actually dabbled with the software, used a bunch of the SynthV Lite banks, and own V5 and AZUKI and MATCHA (trying to teach myself enough to sort of "remaster" the Project 575 songs with their full VBs rather than the Lite versions that the game used)

That's fair, I've never known what to use for them, and then Colorful Stage came along and that uses "Virtual Singer" to refer to the Piapro Characters/VOCALOIDs/etc that "appear" in the game, so I just started going with that.

I think it's an interesting design. I don't mind it, don't love it but also don't hate it. Can absolutely see why people have issues with it, they do almost feel more like a sibling, rather than being the same character (though, the official art does give me more ONE vibes than flower vibes, if that makes sense, haha)
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiyokichan » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:18 pm

Oh gosh, I forgot Project 575 existed! I never played it or really looked deep into it but I know it exists and that's about it. Good luck with your project! I've never used Vocaloid in any substantial way other than borrowing my friend's copy to make Miku say silly things, talkloid style.

That makes sense, I actually don't play Project Sekai so I kind of forgot about that. The people who do are stronger than me, I just can't get behind gacha mechanics and I don't play any gacha games for any of my interests. I feel predated on the entire time. At least they commissioned nekobolo/sasanomaly to make a new song for the game though - I really missed his Vocaloid work, it's been what, 5 years since he last used Vocaloid? I like his music as an independent singer as well, but I am biased towards Miku xD

I never made that comparison but that actually feels really accurate somehow? CeVIO Flower and ONE could totally be siblings. And since ONE and IA also look like siblings, I guess they're all siblings now. (Joking, of course.) Hopefully I warm up to the design as I see it in fanart or something. That usually helps. I mean, Gumi fanart practically saved Gumi's design xD
Rin - She/Her - Adult
I'm returning to the site after 8-9 years of not using it, please be patient with me!
I'm pretty talkative + my sleep schedule practically doesn't exist. I might respond to posts within minutes at some hours and then disappear off the face of the planet to sleep at random intervals.

"doɴ'т ғorɢeт. αlwαyѕ, ѕoмewнere, ѕoмeoɴe ιѕ ғιɢнтιɴɢ ғor yoυ. αѕ loɴɢ αѕ yoυ reмeмвer нer, yoυ αre ɴoт αloɴe."
Kiyokichan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:38 am

I've still not played it myself, but have looked into the series/project as a whole a fair bit, just find SEGA's multimedia projects where some sort of Vocaloid factor is involved kinda interesting, both in a curiosity sense and having helped out with finding/identifying songs and the like. Kinda disappointed the iOS app didn't last too long so is kinda hard to find stuff for, haha.

That's fair, that's an understandable stance to take. I'm not too bad with gacha games, done a bunch of Nintendo's ones, and got pretty good at not falling too far into the buying whatever currencies traps. Hoping that they bundle a fair amount of content up for a Switch release, or something of the sorts, like Bandori got a little while back. I think it's pretty neat. And, yeah, the fact that they are able to commission so many producers to get new music for it is pretty cool.

Yeah, it's something I'd not really thought about until I saw it get mentioned on Twitter around when the design was shown off, and it's one of those things I can't really unsee, haha. But, yeah, I think I've seen some fanart that makes the design fit in with the other flowers.
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Vocaloid/Vocal Synth Fan Club V6 - ReBirth

Postby Mys » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:11 pm

Favorite Vocal Singer: KAITO
Favorite producer: ShinjouP but also some recent P's like Sukoya and Ketsubosho
How long have you been into VS?: According to CS haha.....2010. It's been that long?? Jeez. Glad I still have this site for memory then.
Other: (Optional) I'm not that active here anymore but....this thread shall live on. Oh...I may had dipped my toes in OpenUtau but am totally lost lol oh well for now.

I think the term Vocalsynth is a bit more common but hey. I uh...only really like her original v3 design. I guess the Gynoid talk design is the best newest design since it tries to blend the original one with the v4 design. Kinda works.

Since I was insecure on the previous listed song I'll just post of the current wip I'm more ok with showing lol https://soundcloud.com/incandescent-melody/flamingowip Still very early in...not all of the tracks are there yet. So sad Mizuki has barely any content but is insanely high quality......I swear if he sounds worse it's my doing.

Um...I guess in other news Gumi is getting an AI bank and maybe an en one? https://twitter.com/GUMIfromMegpoid/sta ... 2200336385

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Can I tell you something...?

I want to tell you something...

It's just an old story.

I will sing the meanings...

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:16 am

Heyo~

Yeah, I think the Gynoid Talk art is pretty neat, probably my favourite of flower's designs.

Ah, cool to see others here dabble with the software, not familiar with the song, but sounds good~

Yeah, seen there's been a few A.I. Voice announcements recently, still not 100% sure if they're more supposed to be speech or vocal, haha, hard to tell. Still, curious to see if her design is much different to her other ones, considering they've only shown a silhouette so far.
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:44 am

Ye wanting to get familiar with vsynth and ((hopefully) Get NT at some point. You may be familiar with the artist after all lol. It's HachiP but one of his original songs, he's been a solo artist for a while.

Idk what it is, it might be uuuuh a talking voice but at least its something? I wonder what happened to that new Vocaloid that had a singing contest to find a provider....still no update on it.

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Can I tell you something...?

I want to tell you something...

It's just an old story.

I will sing the meanings...

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:25 am

Yeah, fairly familiar with hachi, just never really follow producer's works outside of the VSynth sphere, haha.

Yeah, indeed. I think there was a winner announced for it, and then nothing given as any sort of timeframe except for that recording should be being done in "Summer".

Other recent stuff - a bunch of IA/1st Place 10th Anniversary stuff got announced recently - from what I can tell, there's some live concert stuff planned, a new compilation album in the IA/0 series, IA GLOWB (some sort of AI Artist thing?) some art stuff (various competitions/other art releases) and a bunch of merch (including a "Visual Book", which I'm keeping an eye on), and a few more announcements that haven't been revealed yet
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me